With the New Year already in full swing, you may be finding it hard to keep those resolutions. The great thing is, if you have a smart phone, you are carrying a mobile weight loss coach with you all day. Below are our “Top 5 Best Free Weight Loss Apps” to help you stay on track and meet your fitness goals. Remember, before you embark on a workout and/or diet plan, please make sure to talk with your doctor first.
- My Fitness Pal. This is the best calorie counter app I have found so far. The database of food is huge, including items from restaurants. There are even custom menu items from restaurants, such as a plain hamburger or latte with no whip.
- Lose It!. This is another great calorie counter app. I think the interface is a little easier to use, however, the database of food is not as large.
- RunKeeper. This is the best free running app I have found out there. It is very easy to use, and includes voice prompts and different workout modes. The GPS works very well too.
- Jefit. This is a great free workout app. It includes free weight training routines for any part of the body and keeps track of all your personal stats.
- Slacker Radio. This is my preferred online radio app. My favorite feature is the many different stations, including a workout station to help keep you motivated and on track during your workouts with upbeat songs. You can play the music in the background while using any of the above apps.
Please comment below if you have had any success with the above apps, or if you have a different favorite not listed above!